San Francisco Haunts: Part Two

I finished off my little shopping jaunt yesterday with a stop at one of my fav San Francisco shops, Nest. This whimsical shop is owned and operated by the talented mother and daughter team, Judy Gilman and Marcella Madsen. I've known these gals for years, and they are as fun as they are talented.

Nest is located on Fillmore Street in Pacific Heights. One of my favorite neighborhoods to take a stroll.

Nest's holiday windows speak for themselves. Magical wonderland!

How do I describe Nest? At first you feel like you're walking into a Paris flea market. Then you get a touch of Morocco, India, Italy and Asia, all intertwined to give a mysterious Bohemian feel.

Nest has an amazing array of products from unique jewelry, luxurious bedding, pillows, clothing and tableware, to knick knacks, soaps and books.

Bejeweled nest chandeliers adorn the ceilings...


French souvenirs for you Francophiles...

Cabinets of curiosities...


I definitely got my infusion of inspiration yesterday at Nest. The perfect way to break up the long work week.

If you happen to be in the area, be sure and visit Nest's quaint little bazaar of treasures!

Nest
2300 Fillmore St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
415.292.6199

Comments

Jackie said…
Love love LOVE this store!! I get my hair cut on Fillmore and ALWAYS go in afterwards. I'm going on the 22nd - can't wait!!
katiedid said…
That's my kind of shop! Wonderful! Thanks for the intro. I need to get to the city!
I loved both Parts of this post on San Francisco. Both of those shops are delightful, and you got some great shots. I love the offbeat neighborhoods, thanks for the virtual San Fran "Fix".
Maryanne
I adore this store. I saw it this summer while I was out promoting my book and didn't have time to actually spend time inside. Thank you for such a beautiful post.

Stan
Unknown said…
I can't get over those amazing chandeliers! I love it!!! This store looks like a slice of heaven! You're a luky girl Lynn, to live in such a colorful, abundant area! It's beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing,
xoxo,
Judith~
What a wonderful shop, Lynn. I want to go there NOW. A bit to far from the U.K. though. What a wonderful array of things and so many. XXXX
Uncle Beefy said…
One of the one places we managed to get to when I was down over Thanksgiving! It was super sweet! Maybe next time I'm down... a little meet-up? Loving living vicariously. I heart SFO badly. Sigh.
Unknown said…
wouls so love to visit the Nest. looks right up my alley, thanks.
you always have the greatest posts...

Karen
I miss this store in San Francisco! Oh gosh, I miss my life there! I want to go back! thanks for letting walk down memory lane~ Jamilyn
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful treat! Definitely on my list to see next time I'm in San Francisco. :)

Popular Posts